The Helicopter Emergency Egress Device 3 (HEED 3) manufactured by Submersible Systems, Inc. is a compact, lightweight and reliable self contained breathing apparatus. The HEED 3 is designed to increase the survivability of military and commercial personnel in short-term out-of-air emergencies.
Based upon the popular Spare Air® used for SCUBA Diving, the HEED 3 utilizes the same 3rd generation patented regulator that has made the Spare Air the most sold SCUBA Safety breathing device in the world.
- Provides lifesaving air needed to egress from a downed aircraft or a rolled vehicle in the water.
- Ideal for all helicopters, fixed wing aircraft, float planes, watercraft and vehicles that operate around possible water emergencies.
- Protects personnel from inhaling dangerous and lethal toxic fumes from fire or smoke.
- The HEED 3 is also known as the SEED (Supplementary Emergency Escape Device), the STASS (Short Term Air Supply System), Spare Air® (The SCUBA recreational dive version), Spare Air Industrial (packeged for commercial personnel exposed to toxic fumes), Spare Air Escape (includes a mask to allow home users to escape from smoke and fire), and Xtreme Sport (our smallest model for Kayakers, Surfers and other extreme sport enthusiasts).
- Over 250,000 systems sold worldwide.
- Product Length: 8.75" [22.23 cm]
- Product Diameter: 2.25" [5.71 cm]
- Product Weight(full): 1.51 lbs [.687 kg]
- Cylinder Pressure Ratings: 3000 PSI [200 BAR]
- Cylinder Volume: 1.7 cu ft [48 liters]
- Cylinder Material: Aluminum - Black Anodized
- Pressure Relief: Integrated in regulator
- Regulator Type: Balanced Single Stage
- Operational Temperature: -22°F [-30°C] +158°F [+70°C]
- Duration of Air Supply: Approximately 30 breaths at surface
- Altitude Limits: Tested at up to 35,000 feet (10,500 meters)