7th Edition Feb 2020
Crete is a tapestry of splendid beaches, ancient treasures and landscapes, weaving in vibrant cities and dreamy villages, where locals share their traditions, wonderful cuisine and generous spirit. Lonely Planet is your passport to Crete, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Rub shoulders with the ghosts of the Minoans at the Palace of Knossos, explore the labyrinthine lanes of Rethymno’s Old Quarter, and relax in the lakeside cafes of Agios Nikolaos; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Crete and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Crete Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Honest review for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - History, The Cretan Way of Life, Minoan Art & Culture, The Arts, Nature & Wildlife
Coverage includes: Hania, Rethymno Province, Iraklio Province, Lasithi Province and more
Writers: Andrea Schulte-Peevers, Trent Holden, Kate Morgan, Kevin Raub
320 pages, 320pp color, 38 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: Apr 2022