13th Edition Jun 2018
The Philippines is defined by its emerald rice fields, teeming megacities, graffiti-splashed jeepneys, smouldering volcanoes, bug-eyed tarsiers, fuzzy water buffalo and smiling, happy-go-lucky people. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Philippines, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Philippines is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Pick your strip of pearly white sand; snorkel with gentle whale sharks at Donsol or dive at Puerto Galera; cruise through the reefs and islands of the Bacuit Archipelago; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Philippines and begin your journey now.
Inside Lonely Planet’s Philippines Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, wildlife, landscapes, arts, daily life, food, people
- Over 71 maps
Coverage Includes: Manila & Around, Mindoro, Palawan, Boracay, Western Visayas, Mindanao, Cebu, Eastern Visayas, Southeast Luzon, North Luzon, and more
Curator: Paul Harding
Writers: Greg Bloom, Celeste Brash, Michael Grosberg, Iain Stewart
480 pages, 96pp color, 93 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: Jun 2021