8th Edition Aug 2018
Soaring Andean summits, unspoiled Caribbean coast, enigmatic Amazon jungle, cryptic archaeological ruins and cobbled colonial communities. Colombia boasts all of South America’s allure and more. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Colombia, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet’s Colombia is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Wander through the bougainvillea-lined streets and magnificent squares of Cartagena’s Old Town, hike through majestic tropical scenery on a jungle walk to Ciudad Perdida, and learn to dance salsa in Cali – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Colombia and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Colombia:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itinerarieshelp you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tipsto save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips- hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets- eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insightsprovide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
Coverage Includes: Bogotá, Boyacá, Santander & Norte de Santander, Caribbean Coast, San Andres & Providencia, Medellin & Zona Cafetera, Cali & Southwest Colombia, Pacific Coast, Amazon Basin, and more
Curator: Alex Egerton
Writers: Tom Masters, Kevin Raub
352 pages, 64pp color, 58 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: Aug 2021