Crafted for extreme temperatures and hostile environments, the Ionosphere 5.5 is fully equipped with the tech to insulate you from the freeze. Its design reduces heat loss through both radiation and convection, thanks to the heat-reflective TILT technology and air-trapping Stratus R insulation. With a superior warmth-to-weight ratio and small pack size, it’s the perfect high-comfort sleep mat for alpinists and mountaineers who need to hunker down in the world’s most challenging conditions.
The mat features clever details to maximise your comfort, including oversized outer chambers to keep you central on the mat, and a grip print to reduce sleeping bag slip. The fabric has a soft next-to-skin feel while the versatile rectangular shape will ensure you can rest comfortably whatever your preferred sleeping position. A low-profile two-way valve and handy pump sack allow you to quickly inflate the mat when the temperature plummets and you’re ready to turn in.
Made from 100% recycled insulation, recycled fabric and a fluorocarbon-free DWR, the Ionosphere 5.5 is built to thrive in hostility. From frosty bivis to alpine starts, it will ensure you can comfortably restore reserves wherever you set up camp.
- Stratus R insulation traps air and reduces heat loss from convective currents
- TILT reflective film within the insulation helps reduce radiant heat loss
- Lightweight construction uses air and insulation for superb warmth-to-weight ratio and minimal pack-size
- Oversized outer chambers helps keep you centralised on the mat
- Graduated grip print finish on upper fabric reduces sleeping bag slip
- Hybrid rectangular shape allows various comfortable sleeping positions
- Low profile two-way valve for easy inflation and deflation
- Internal TPU coating and fluorocarbon free DWR
Ionosphere 5.5 Sleeping Mat
Roll-away stuff sack
Regular: 183 x 51 cm
Main fabric: 20D Polyester outer fabric
Insulation: Stratus R 100% polyester 200gsm insulation with TILT