The ascent 28 s avabag is an airbag backpack designed especially for women. This ski touring backpack has a shorter back system than our regular backpacks, as well as hip and shoulder straps adapted to the female anatomy.The avabag airbag system is extremely light at 690 grams* and sensationally compact. Another unique features of this system is the activation training, which allows repeated activation practice without the cartridge attached. The ergonomically optimized activation handle can be gripped equally with either the left or the right hand.
In terms of features, this avalanche backpack is in no way inferior to its big brother, the ascent 30 avabag. From the separate safety compartment to the circumferential zipper, hydration system compatibility,ice axe and rope fastenings and a diagonal ski fastener – it has everything you need for a long ski tour! What’s more, this ski touring backpack is also suitable for men with shorter backs. Don’t worry: the avalanche backpack is also available in neutral colors.
*weight fluctuations of +/- 4% may arise during manufacturing.
The advantages of the avabag system at a glance:
- Removable helmet net
- Locking clasp (hip belt)
- Release grip height adjustable
- Key holder
- Rope attachement
- Safety leg strap
- Bright Inside
- Chest strap with signal whistle
- Diagonal ski fastening
- Access to main compartment: front
- Compression strap
- Gear loops
- Ice axe and hiking pole fastening
- Key holder
- Rope attachment
- Separate safety compartment
- Snowboard and snowshoe attachment
- Hydration system compatible
- Circumferential zipper
- Water-resistant zipper
- Emergency card
- Side snowboard/snowshoes fastening
- Extremely lightweight
Scope of delivery for the ascent 28 s avabag:
- Extremely light and sensationally compact airbag system
- Activation training without cartridge
- Handle design optimized for activation: the handle can be gripped with any type of glove, and is suitable for both left and right-handed users
- Removable and compatible with all ortovox avabag backpacks
- No electronics
Backpack including operating instructions and the avabag unit.
The avabag unit includes: activation unit, airbag, activation handle and pre-tension tool.
Polyamide 420D Oxford HD + Polyamide 100D Robic Ripstop