14th Edition Aug 2018
A land of staggering natural beauty and cultural complexities, of dynamic megacities and hill-tribe villages, Vietnam is both exotic and compelling. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Vietnam, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet’s Vietnam is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Kayak around towering limestone peaks into grottoes and lagoons in Halong Bay; wander the warren-like lanes of Hoi An’s Old Town; and sample the freshest, tastiest local specialities (and learn to cook them yourself). All with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Vietnam and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Vietnam:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itinerarieshelp you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tipsto save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips- hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets- eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insightsprovide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
Coverage Includes: Hanoi, Northern Vietnam, Central Vietnam, Southeast Coast, Southwest Highlands, Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong Delta, Siem Reap & the Temples of Angkor
Curator: Iain Stewart
Writers: Brett Atkinson, Austin Bush, David Eimer, Nick Ray, Phillip Tang
512 pages, 224pp color, 87 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: Aug 2020