11th Edition May 2019
Hitting headlines, topping bucket lists, wooing nature lovers and dazzling an increasing number of visitors – there seems no end to the talents of this breathtaking northern destination. Lonely Planet is your passport to Iceland, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Ease away your cares (and hangover) at the Blue Lagoon, gaze at the wonder of the North-ern Lights, hike through pristine wilderness in the Westfjords; all with your trusted travel com-panion. Get to the heart of Iceland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Iceland Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trou-ble spots
- Honest review for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - Iceland Today, His-tory, Vikings, Natural Wonders, Icelandic Culture, Icelandic Attitudes, Icelandic Cui-sine
- Free, convenient pull-out city map (included in print version), plus over 41 colour maps
Coverage includes: Reykjavík, Blue Lagoon, Southwest Iceland & the Golden Circle, Southeast Iceland, West Iceland, The Westfjords, North Iceland, East Iceland, The Highlands and more
Curator: Alexis Averbuck
Writers: Carolyn Bain, Jade Bremner, Belinda Dixon
448 pages, 448pp color, 48 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: May 2021