16th Edition Aug 2019
Japan is truly timeless, a place where ancient traditions are fused with modern life as if it were the most natural thing in the world. Lonely Planet is your passport to Japan, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Find temples, teahouses and culture in Kyoto, relax in onsen after onsen, sample beautifully presented, sublime dishes; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Japan and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Japan Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Honest review for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - Japan Today, History, The People of Japan, Arts, Architecture & Gardens, Environment, Sport, Traditional Accommodation, Food, Drink, Onsen, Religion, Sumo
- Free, convenient pull-out city map (included in print version), plus over 139 colour maps
Coverage includes: Tokyo, Mt Fuji, The Japan Alps, Central Honshū, Kyo-to, Kansai, Hiroshima, Western Honshū, Northern Honshū (Tōhoku), Sapporo, Hokkaidō, Shiko-ku, Kyūshū, Okinawa & the Southwest and more
Curator: Rebecca Milner
Writers: Ray Bartlett, Andrew Bender, Samantha Forge, Craig McLachlan, Kate Morgan, Thomas O'Malley, Simon Richmond, Phillip Tang, Benedict Walker, Stephanie d’Arc Taylor
928 pages, 928pp color, 149 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: Aug 2021