9th Edition May 2018
Inspired design, technology and epicurean scenes meet epic stretches of wilderness here in Europe’s deep north, where summer’s endless light balances winter’s eerie frozen magic. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Finland, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Shop for the best in Scandinavian design, fizz across Lapland behind a team of huskies, and warm up in a traditional sauna; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Finlandand begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Finland Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, music, architecture, landscapes, wildlife, the Sami, Finnish culture, Finnish design
- Over 53 maps
Coverage Includes: Helsinki, Turku & the South Coast, Åland Archipelago, Tampere, Pirkanmaa & Häme, the Lakeland, Karelia, West Coast, Oulu, Kainuu & Koillismaa, Lapland and more
Curator: Mara Vorhees
Writers: Catherine Le Nevez, Virginia Maxwell
320 pages, 128pp color, 52 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: May 2021