Made of a reliable, and traditional organic 100% cotton fabric; the way they were made. Don’t settle for less: cotton fabrics are more breathable, more authentic, naturally UV-resistant, for setting up camps that are perfect for hunting and trekking. Gear that blends in nature, the way camping should be. This tent is completely open on one side. It shields you from the wind and rain but allows you to make optimal use of the heat from your campfire. Of course, alternative heat sources such as stoves can also be used. But how does it work?
The Finnish Loue Canvas Tent is a traditional finnish design, is light in weight and forms a spacious semicircle when set up. It is meant to be used with a camp fire set in front of it, heating the shelter and as the material reflects the light and heat, the circulating warmth makes the shelter even comfier. You can hang the top tip of the tent fabric from a tree, branch or walking stick. The bottom is fixed to the ground with pegs. The darts attached to the rear seams help keep the shelter taut to provide extra internal space and excellent protection against wind and rain. As a handy feature, two or three Loue can be combined to form a larger, enclosed tipi or Finnish kota-type of shelter.
For a basic setup, pitch the apex at around 150 – 180 cm using a tree or other available pole, and fasten the base to the ground. Place the Loue so that the prevailing winds blow across the opening of the loue – rather than from behind or infront – so that smoke from your fire is taken away rather than creating any eddies or blowing directly into the shelter.
- Shelters 1-3 people
- Height at front of tent: approx. 2m/6’7″
- 8 different heavy duty grommets
- This 100% Cotton Canvas Tent breathes, repels water and withstands the casual fire ember; the dense canvas will also protect you from the scorching sun thanks to its light colour and natural properties.
- Multiple set-ups
- Buschcraft Spain tents are strictly handmade
- Authentic 100% leather Bushcraft Spain tag
- Exclusive Sunshine Canvas is breathable and bright as well as water repellent, rot and mildew resistant. Its tight weave will keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter
- Poles not included
Packed size: 40cm x 40cm x 10cm
100% cotton canvas