Proven itself on the North Pole, South Pole, Greenland and the world’s highest mountains, Svalbard can be described as a master of expeditions. Few other tents have so many merits and are so well known from the base-camp as our Svalbard. Materials and details have been thoroughly tested and the flysheet har a tear strength of 20 kg, making it one of the most durable in the market.
Its construction combines the best from dome and tunnel tents, and withstands the harshest conditions. The dome makes the tent extra stabile in strong winds, but also provides more space and height inside, which increases the comfort level if you are weather-bound or generally spend loads of time inside the tent. For increased security in extreme winds some choose to use double poles, and that is possible on this tent.
- Dome and tunnel tent combination
- Inner tent with 360° zipper opening and mesh
- Mesh gear loft
- Storm flaps
- The pole channels and pole cups are dimensioned for both one and two poles
- The Helsport AirFlow II® ventilation system ensure more fresh air, better quality sleep and increased air circulation which reduces condensation The vents can be closed completely, to prevent them from packing with snow
- Pole cups an color-coded poles/pole channels make the tent fast and easy to pitch
- Unique internal pole channel system that provide better wind stability and less vibration/noise in windy conditions
- Extra strong guy lines and reinforced guy points. Several double guy points and combined guy lines. This reduces the number of pegs needed, and makes it easier to pitch the tent. To get an even distribution of force on the guy points the guy lines are connected through rings.
- Guy-line points with integrated elastic webbing to collect and prevent the guy lines from getting entangled
Fabric inner tent: 30D Polyester Ripstop WR
Fabric outer tent: 40D Helsport Superlight® 1000, 3000mm
Fabric floor: 70D Polyamide SI, 5000mm
Poles: DAC Featherlite NSLTM (48 cm sections)
Tent type: Tunnel/dome
Package: 19x50 cm
Tent weight: 4,55 kg
Pegs weight: 0,32 kg
Pole length: 2x310 + 2x378cm
Accessories: Rep Kit (+0,15 kg) contains: fabric, needle, thread, repair sleeve and extra pole segment