The zippered clamshell version of Black DIamonds tried-and-true on-route Speed pack, proven everywhere from the Canadian Rockies to the Fitz Roy massif, the Black Diamond Speed Zip is designed for lightweight performance on rock, snow and ice objectives the world over. Featuring an updated BD X-rip 210d fabric with UTS™ coating, the new Speed Zip is built to withstand season after season of mountain abuse. BD improved the comfort as well with a moisture-wicking, updated back-panel and redesigned shoulder straps of dual-density foam for better load distribution on the approach while remaining streamlined on route. Ice tool PickPockets™ now feature a new custom metal dogbone ice tool attachment, boosting ice tool security, plus the snag-free crampon straps and a tuck-away rope strap secure gear to the outside. Surface-mounted glove-friendly main hood-buckles are a new addition and the drawcord skirt provides easy access and keeps out spindrift and light precip.
- New BD “X-rip” 210d Nylon body fabric with UTS™ coating
- Welded front abrasion patch for improved protection against rock, ice and crampon spikes.
- New custom metal dogbone ice tool attachment with micro ice-tool PickPockets™ and removable 20 mm crampon straps
- Zippered clamshell top opening with zippered top pocket and tuck-away rope strap
- Strippable design: removable frame sheet / bivy pad and removable hipbelt with fixed webbing belt
- Redesigned Shoulder Strap harness for improved comfort and durability
- Moisture-wicking redesigned back-panel
- Raincover available separately