7th Edition Jun 2018
With its medieval blue-domed cities, kinetic bazaars and remote yurtstays, Central Asia encapsulates the romance of the Silk Road like nowhere else. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Central Asia, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Enjoy booming Almaty’s cafes, clubs and shops; wind through rugged mountains past ancient tombs, hot springs, and remote Kyrgyz yurt camps on Tajikistan’s Pamir Highway; or wonder at the architecture in Uzbekistan’s Samarkand, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Central Asia and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Central Asia Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, music, architecture, landscapes, wildlife, Islam in Central Asia, the Silk Road, Central Asia today
- Over 68 maps
Coverage Includes: Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan and more
Curator: Stephen Lioy
Writers: Anna Kaminski, Bradley Mayhew, Jenny Walker
512 pages, 64pp color, 66 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: Jun 2022