|Overall rating||5 reviews)(|
Who should take this course?
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course.
You maybe want to do your course on your holiday on a remote island far far away or similar - why waste your valuable holiday time in the classroom studying instead of doing your studies and pool practice while your here at home in Finland?
We will provide you the theory lessons and pool practice and train you ready for your four open water dives, that you can do in which PADI Dive Center you wish all around the world. After completing the referral part (theory & pool training) successfully, you will receive additional papers with you to give to your instructor abroad and proceed on with your course overseas.
NOTE that the four open water dives are not included in this price - the Dive Center of your choice will invoice you for the dives according to their own price lists. It's a good idea to check them out in advance.
To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course you must be 15 years old, or older.
For Junior divers we offer PADI Junior Open Water Diver (10-15 years, max depth 12m).
PADI Junior Open Water Diver
You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
What will you learn?
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
• Knowledge Development (independent study & classroom studys) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
• Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills (pool)
• 4 Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore! - at your holiday destination
Start learning with PADI’s home-study materials - Stop by our PADI dive shop to enroll in the course, get your materials and start reading the book and watching the video.
Your PADI Instructor will schedule time with you to check your progress and make sure you understand important scuba diving information.
What scuba gear will you use?
In the PADI Open Water Diver course, you learn to use basic scuba gear, including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device and a tank.
This course fee includes:
• Course material for home study and theory lessons
• 2 theory evenings at our classroom
• 4 sessions at the pool
• All scuba gear needed for the pool dives. NOTE - the following equipment needs to be of your own and with you at your first pool session:
- Your own mask
- Your own snorkel
- Your own fins
- Your own boots (if you wish to use open heel fins)
We can choose the proper equipment for you at the time you visit us for picking up material or for example before your first theory lesson!
The course fee DOES NOT include the following:
• Open Water dives (minimum of 4) Open water dives and education in open water you will pay directly to the PADI dive center you choose to dive your open water dives with.
• Certification fee and & certification card process. The dive center conducting your open water dives will process your certification application forward and will be responsible of the certification fee towards PADI.
* * *
Here's a short teaser that gives you an idea, what it could be like diving in the clear blue waters of your holiday destination - enjoy!
NOTE! We will only keep the preliminary reservation for 1 week unless course is paid in advanced. The course is due to be paid at the latest when the course material is picked up.
- Cancellation or re-scheduling: 14 days in advanced
- If canceled later then 14 days, but latest 7 days before course start, refund is 50%.
- If the course is canceled later then 7 days before course start or once course has started, no refund is issued for the course fee.
We received very good clear instruction and training for PADI open water diving training. Highly recommended for anyone wishing to enter this world of underwater wonder. Mark