11th Edition Aug 2018
Postcard-pretty colonial centers, Kichwa villages, Amazonian rainforest and the breathtaking heights of the Andes – a dazzling array of wonders is squeezed into this compact country. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Ecuador & the Galápogos Islands, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet’s Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Delve into the past in Quito’s vibrant Centro Historico, hike around Cotopaxi for million-dollar views, and spot blue-footed boobies and red-billed tropicbirds in Punta Suarez – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itinerarieshelp you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tipsto save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips- hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets- eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insightsprovide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
Coverage Includes: Quito, Northern Highlands, Central Highlands, Cuenca & the Southern Highlands, The Oriente, North Coast & Lowlands, South Coast, The Galapagos Islands
Curator: Isabel Albiston
Writers: Jade Bremner, Brian Kluepfel, Wendy Yanagihara
416 pages, 416pp color, 61 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: Aug 2021